The Regional Committees are part of the organizational structure of ACI Africa. There are currently four regional Committees:
- Safety, Technical & Environment
- Security & Facilitation
- Human Resources
Each Regional Committee consists of a core team of at least seventeen (17) members. Of these, 15 are elected after consultation within the sub-regions as follows:
|Region||No. of Members|
The other two members are the Outgoing President and the representative of Business Partners of ACI Africa.
The Regional Committees main objectives are to:
- Develop policy positions for the region.
- Participate and relay regional positions to the World Standing Committees.
- Establish forums for interaction and exchange of views to promote best practices and professional excellence.
- Develop relevant working documents on issues affecting the region.
- Develop and contribute to current and related aviation and airport topics and provide advice and views on areas open to discussion on certain regional and international themes.
- Provide advice on the policy positions of ACI Africa as recommended by the Board.
- Provide updated recommendations to the Board.