The Practice of Airside Safety Audits
Training Course : The Practice of Airport Safety Audit
Delivery: Classroom and on-site: 05 days / Virtual class: 15 hours
Duration: 5 days
This course provides aerodrome auditors, aerodrome inspectors and safety personnel the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to audit and inspect their airside infrastructure, SOPs, AIP chart, airport operators and ground handlers.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply auditing techniques.
- Learn how to improve safety on airside through audit.
- Identify the non-compliance on the airside.
- Identify non-compliance in AIP and Aerodrome Manual.
- Learn how to manage non-compliance situations.
- Apply SARPs of Annex14 to resolve airside problems.
- Learn how Regulators use ICAO Annex 14 and the related documents.
- Learn how to identify obstacles inside and outside the airport.
- Aerodrome safety experts
- Aerodromes auditors
- Airport Operations and safety personnel
- Aerodrome engineers and planners
- Airside inspectors and regulators
- Airside Managers
- Aerodrome Physical Characteristics
- Obstacle Limitation Surfaces (OLS)
- Runway protection –Obstacle free zones (OFZ)
- Visual aids for navigation, markings, lighting and signs
- Visual aids for denoting restricted use area
- Runway length considerations
- Dimensions of aircraft stand
- Pavement surface condition
- Aeronautical Information Publication-AIP
- ICAO-Aerodrome Chart
- ICAO-Obstacles Charts
- ICAO -Docking chart
- Case studies and group exercises