Wildlife Control and Management
Training Course: Wildlife management and control
Delivery: Classroom and on-site, including airside visits, and online
Duration: 4 days onsite and 12 hrs online
This course provides wildlife control staff, auditors and inspectors, the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to develop and implement an effective wildlife management and control programs at airports, as well as providing necessary skills and tools to assess the efficiency of those programs.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of wildlife hazard management.
- Learn about ICAO’s requirements for wildlife hazard management at airports
- Understand the responsibilities of States, Civil aviation Authority, and aerodrome operators in wildlife hazard mitigation
- Understand the principles of aerodrome wildlife safety risk assessment.
- Learn how to implement effective habitat management at airports
- Learn about different methods to manage hazardous wildlife at airports.
- Learn how to develop and implement wildlife hazard management programs
- Learn how to assess wildlife hazard management programs
- Wildlife management and control staff
- Wildlife management coordinator
- Aerodrome Inspectors and Regulators
- Stakeholders involved in the of wildlife hazard management programs
- Airside Managers
ICAO Annex 14 Aerodrome Design and Operations, 8th edition 2018
- Wildlife management SARPs
ICAO Airport Services Manual (Doc 9137) part 3 wildlife management, 5th edition 2020
- Stakeholders responsibilities
- Aerodrome wildlife safety risk assessment
- Habitat management
- Repelling methods
- Advanced technology methods
- Wildlife hazard management program development
- Training requirements
ICAO Procedures for air navigation services (9981), Aerodromes, 3rd edition 2020
- Operational practices for wildlife hazard management at airports