The General Assembly is the ultimate decision-making body of ACI Africa. It comprises all Regular members of ACI Africa. Associate members and the Director General of ACI and/or his/her representative(s) may take part in the General Assembly of ACI Africa without voting rights.
A member of ACI Africa may take part in activities of other regions’ General Assembly without right of vote. Members of other regions may take part in activities of the ACI Africa’s General Assembly without the right to vote.
Members of ACI Africa can participate in the General Assembly of ACI World with voting rights.
The Board consists of:
- A maximum of 19 representatives of the Regular members of ACI Africa.
- Of these 19 members, 15 are elected after consultation within the sub-regions (North, West, East, Central and South) of Africa by the Secretary General as follows :
- 5 places will be allocated directly to the members with the highest yearly traffic number in the sub region (major contributors).
- 10 places are subdivided amongst the other countries of the different sub-regions as indicated in the table below.
- The remaining 4 members are:
- The Past President
- The representative of ASECNA
- The representative of the host airport of the upcoming annual conference
- The representative of Business Partners (Gold members)
|Region||No. of Members|
The Board meets at least twice a year. The elected members of the Board elect amongst themselves a President and Vice-President who represent the region on all legal matters and official business.
The Board also appoints a Secretary General who is entrusted with running the regional secretariat office and the implementation of the policies and activities adopted by the Board.
ACI Africa Board of Directors for the period 2020-2022 is composed of the elected members representing the five sub-regions of ACI Africa.
The members of the Executive Committee are selected from the members of the Board. The Executive Committee consists of seven members as follows: the elected President and Vice-President of the ACI Africa Board, a representative of each sub Region (excluding the Vice-President), and the Treasurer. The Executive Committee’s mandate includes overseeing the activities of ACI Africa, monitoring and coordinating the activities of the Regional Committees, developing services for its members, overseeing and monitoring the implementation of the ACI Africa Strategic Plan.