ACI Africa’s mission is to represent and promote the collective interests of African airports, while fostering professional excellence in airport operations and management, backed by efficient and effective programs and services to achieve a safe, secure and sustainable development of the air transport industry in Africa.
The African Airports Development Program, the new lead program of ACI Africa, is now the gateway for African airports to confidently achieve excellence in management, operation and capacity building through the sharing of experience and expertise on the African continent.
The program aims to develop and provide training, as follows:
- Provide classroom and/or online courses for individuals and groups.
- Develop specific courses tailored to the needs of African airports and their personnel.
- Provide financial support (i.e. scholarships) to attend training courses.
The program provides various types of assistance such as:
- Help airports in achieving or maintaining airport certification status.
- Assist in drafting aerodrome manuals, emergency plans, Safety Management Systems manuals, Security Manuals, airport guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct safety, security, operational or technical assessments onsite.
ACI Africa continues to serve African airports on a more sustained basis, especially in this time of crisis by offering several programs and services designed to bridge safety and security gaps at African airports.